Review frequently asked questions around the integration between Conferences i/o and LCvista.
What are some best practices for creating hybrid Conferences i/o sessions in LCvista?
- Should I be setting up separate sessions for different audiences, virtual vs in-person?
- Is it a better practice to set up a single session regardless of whether there are different audiences?
We advise customers to set hybrid sessions up as a single program with 2 sessions. It is important to track the delivery methods in separate sessions for the following reasons:
- the certificates should reflect the proper delivery method
- the jurisdictions may have different requirements and limitations based on the delivery method
- it makes reporting on expected participants per delivery method easier.
That being said, NASBA has communicated that they are comfortable with sponsors issuing certificates in the delivery method the majority of the participants choose. So, if the customer does not have any concerns with the state/ jurisdiction level tracking of the delivery method, they can absolutely track all the participants in a single session. We don’t prevent that and it doesn’t impact the integration.
Differentiating a Multi-Session vs Hybrid Event in LCvista
A hybrid event is considered a single program in LCvista. For example, a program with a group live and a group internet based session. We recommend as a best practice, to create a program with each session representing a single delivery method so that users can select their attendance method when enrolling.
A multi-session event can be set-up a number of ways in LCvista depending on the features you want to leverage:
- Learning Plan, for conference style events
- Multiple Programs, for events that are both hybrid and multi-session
- Single Program, with multiple sessions for simpler events
When can I add the Conferences i/o URL to my LCvista session?
- Is there a recommended best practice for when to add the Conferences i/o URL to my LCvista session? When and how is the attendance data visible in LCvista?
- How are Conferences i/o data changes accounted for within LCvista?
It does not matter whether the Conferences i/o URL is added before or after the actual session takes place. It is typically added before so that participants can “launch” the session from LCvista. However, there are no dependencies as far as the integration is concerned.
The administrator initiates the call to Conferences i/o for the data at any point after the session is over by clicking the Retrieve or Refresh data button in the Manage Attendees tool.
Read more about how this piece of our integration works, within our Integration Guide.
Can I use the bulk upload feature to process records from Conferences i/o?
Absolutely. For most sessions, using the manage attendee completion report is a more efficient way to process records as the system will recommend credit based on the rule set.
However, in cases where you are issuing partial credit for sessions with multiple fields of study, you may wish to leverage the grading mechanisms in Conferences i/o and export the results for a session record bulk upload in LCvista. To learn more about Bulk Uploads in LCvista, please visit our article on Bulk Uploads: Session Records.
What are best practices for using two different integrations to facilitate and grade attendance?
- If I use one integration to facilitate the event, and Conferences i/o to track attendance and participation, what are the best practices to creating the session successfully in LCvista?
We recommend that your LCvista session be associated first to the platform where your users will be participating.
After the event concludes, update your session to be associated with the integration where you will be tracking attendance and participation. Steps to update your session:
- modify your session's Content Type to reflect the relevant selection
- when updating to Webcast, ensure you are then selecting the correct Provider
- complete the required fields for the provider specified
- when using Content Type Webcast or Group Live Checkin, designate a Ruleset
- Save your changes.
- return to the session's Raw Data Report and refresh the information displayed.
- The Completion Report will reflect the updated integration to showcase suggested credits.
For more information on utilizing the integration reports available, including the Raw Data and Completion reports, please refer to our article on Integrations.
Can the LCvista-Conferences i/o integration work with Compliance Only Customers?
Yes! If your organization utilizes the LCvista Compliance product alongside a 3rd party LMS, you can still use the integration to process CPE directly in LCvista. In this case:
- Anything that happens before the event will be managed in your LMS
- Anything that happens after the event will be managed in LCvista
When should I contact LCvista vs Conferences i/o?
During the lifecycle of your program, you may have questions related to your event. To best evaluate which team to reach out to, refer to the following:
Contact LCvista for questions regarding:
- anything that happens before an event: such as enrollments, assignments, invites, catalog management
- anything that happens after an event: such as credit calculations, issuing certificates, or any compliance related tasks
Contact Conferences i/o for questions regarding:
- anything that happens during an event: such as checking-in, polling, attendee management